Making an impact on the dairy and beef industries, as well as reducing antibiotics in the food chain, ImmuCell is a growing, innovative company located in beautiful Portland, Maine.
Why Portland, Maine?
With its mixture of cultural and outdoor adventures, Portland Maine is a city rich in history that offers a vibrant urban scene next to quiet tree-lined streets in friendly neighborhoods that are just a short walk from stunning waterfront views. The city is safe and affordable. Neighborhood schools provide exceptional educational opportunities. Maine has one of the lowest crime rates in the country, and crime rates in Portland, Maine’s largest city, are lower than average for a metro area of its size. Portland is large enough to be diverse and endlessly interesting, yet small enough to retain a strong sense of community.
ImmuCell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ImmuCell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran or disability status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities who need assistance in connection with the application or interview process. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Jennifer Turkewitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (207) 878-2770.
Interested applicants should complete the online Application for Employment.
Nisin Manufacturing Associate
(Recruiting for 2 positions)
Nisin Manufacturing Associate
Immucell Corporation seeks an individual with previous biotech experience to join or Nisin Drug Substance production team in our new state of the art manufacturing facility. Required and preferred skills are listed below.
Required professional skills:
- Strict adherence to written SOP’s
- Aseptic training on good technique to prevent contamination
- Ability to effectively work in a process independently and within a small team structure
- Ability to effectively and independently manage multiple and often concurrent processing steps
- Good organizational and documentation practices
- Basic computer skills
Preferred professional skills:
- cGMP experience at an FDA regulated facility.
- Experience working in aseptic and ISO classified clean rooms.
- Experience with automation systems (including Building Management Systems, Distributed Control Systems and/or PLC’s).
- Chromatography and Ultrafiltration
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work well within a team environment as well as interface with other departments. This position will report to the Facility and Engineering Manager. Immucell Corporation provides a range of benefits including paid vacation and holidays, health and dental insurance and 401k with company match.
The associate will support product quality by ensuring conformance of product to applicable in-process and final release specifications. Additionally, the associate will support tech transfer, equipment monitoring and calibration activities and participate in troubleshooting and/or assay optimization, as necessary. The successful candidate will be able to perform a variety of laboratory analyses and thoroughly document all activities according to relevant SOPs.
- Life science degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in a lab analyst position. Microbiology or immunology experience preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in use of basic laboratory equipment such as pipettors, balances, pH meters and conductivity meters.
- Experience with the following assays and techniques a plus: ELISA, BCA, LAL (endotoxin detection), HPLC, GC, OpenLAB software, PAGE, buffer/reagent preparation, cell growth and maintenance in tissue culture, immunodiffusion, general microbiological testing. Mouse handling experience is also desirable.
- Experience with environmental monitoring, water quality testing and equipment calibration is desired.
- Experience with general Quality Programs such as Incoming Quality Control, Change Management, Customer Complaints, Environmental Monitoring, Calibration, Deviations, Out of Specifications, Internal Auditing, Document Control and Corrective Actions a plus.
- Experience in a USDA or FDA regulated environment a plus.